The Michigan Nanny Authority is now interviewing for the following position:
A loving family in Holland is looking to hire a Full-Time Nanny for 47.5 hours every other week!
Busy professional parents are looking to hire an experienced and reliable Nanny to provide top-notch loving care and consistent learning and development to the family’s two-month-old daughter. The mother works a 7-day-on/7-day-off schedule, so Nanny will only work every other week. Nanny will need to have availability Monday-Sunday, but will only work 5 days each week that she works. On the days she works, Nanny will work 6:30am to 4pm. Occasionally the father will need to work a later shift, and Nanny will have advance notice. On those days, it would be 6:30am to 6pm. Nanny will know her schedule 2 weeks in advance. Overtime will be paid for every hour worked over 40 in a week. Nanny may have the opportunity to work some hours on the weeks she has “off” and will be given first right of refusal for all night and weekend babysitting opportunities. Desired start date is December 4th, 2017.
The Nanny will partner with the parents to care for the emotional, social, developmental, and educational needs of the baby girl as she grows. The ideal nanny will have a minimum of 2 years of infant and toddler experience, including a minimum of 1 year of experience working with infants in a professional setting and excellent references. Nanny will have knowledge of and/or experience with various approaches to infant care, and can adapt to the parent’s desires for the child as she grows and her needs change. She will be welcome to give her input and share advice and experiences but parents want to take the lead in making any changes to the baby’s schedule and routine.
The Nanny will also be responsible for light housekeeping, including doing the baby’s laundry, tidying and maintaining organization in the baby’s room and play areas, and doing dishes and other clean up after meals and activities.
The family would like Nanny to be comfortable with their three friendly dogs. She should not have allergies to dogs and ideally will help out by letting the dogs into the fenced backyard as needed.
The ideal Nanny for this family is friendly, easy-going, and kind to everyone. She is incredibly flexible and reliable, and able to accommodate the parents’ unusual work schedule. She is a maternal and loving caregiver and believes in laying an early foundation for learning by engaging the child with books, songs, toys, and exploring the world around her. Her knowledge and experience will be a valuable resource for the parents, and will give them confidence in her ability to handle anything that comes her way. She will be comfortable and confident in keeping open lines of communication with the parents.
This position requires a long-term commitment to the family, and preference will be given to a candidate who is able to stay for more than two years. Pay will start at $15-18 per hour, and nanny will have guaranteed pay, paid time off, paid holidays, mileage reimbursement, and other standard nanny benefits. Details will be discussed with qualified nannies at an in-person interview.
As a reminder: The Michigan Nanny Authority NEVER takes money from nannies upfront or on an ongoing basis! The hourly rate she is quoted will be what she takes home!
The right candidate:
- Will have AT LEAST two years of part- or full-time nanny experience, or at least two years in a daycare or classroom setting. Experience raising children of one’s own is considered appropriate experience. Babysitting experience only will not be considered appropriate experience for this position.
- Will have AT LEAST one year of proven childcare experience with infants, will know how to interact with the infants to support learning and encourage their development, and will be able to use her knowledge and experiences to be a support and valuable resource for the parents.
- Must be at least 21 years old and legal to work in the USA.
- Will have her own reliable transportation, a valid driver’s license, and a clean driving record.
- Must pass a thorough background check and drug test before starting the position.
- Must have current CPR/First aid certification or agree to complete a class within 90 days of start-date.
- Must have flu shot and DTaP vaccine, or be willing to get both before her start date, and must be willing to get a flu shot annually (parents will pay for any immunizations.)
Already registered with The Michigan Nanny Authority? Send an email of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org.